OMN iOS Releases
How to Update
OMN iOS for iPad and iPhone will get updated via iTunes on your device.
You can check which version of the software you are running by looking in the Help menu item within the More menu (three dots icon at the bottom of the map screen.) in OMN iPhone.
Version 1.9.2 – 8th May 2014
This update includes:
- Dynamic font sizes on information panels now make much better use of the avaialble space making data much easier to read.
- Maps in My Maps are now sorted alphabetically.
- Testing Connection box for Side Loading now has a cancel button allowing the user to interrupt it.
- Closing and re-opening OMN iOS on IGN French maps didn't take you back to the same location. This has now been fixed.
Version 1.9.1 – 11th April 2014
This is a sizeable update and includes:
- A new Statistics screen has been implemented. The full set of standard OMN statistics can be configured.
- Mini compass now available on the map screen to help with map alignment.
- Configuration options in Settings->Map Screen allow for a compass or triangle for the mini compass, and also to place it on a white background.
- Option to keep the screen on in Settings->Keep Screen On
- Verify Map functionality has been added which matches that on other platforms.
- Compass Direction and Travel Direction (GPS data versus compass data) are now avaialble as data choices.
- The iOS app now works in all four orientations as you rotate your device. Originally we only supported 3 orientations.
- Whilst recording a tracklog, we now draw the final segment from the last recorded trackpoint to the current location.
- Improved / cleaned up some small issues of start-up messages.
- Cleaned up the transistion of moving between screens, making the arrows more reactive to user input.
- Numerous other small bug fixes.
Version 1.9.0 – 29th January 2014
- Side Loading has been implemented which allows easy transfer of maps from a PC to OMN iOS.
- Data Explorer now updates in real time for new trackpoints.
- The list of available data fields on Data Explorer has been increased.
Version 1.8.0 – 27th November 2013
- A full set of Tracklog statistics have been added. Simply double tap on any information panel to see the new list.
- Orientation lock has been added in Settings->Screen Orientation.
Version 1.7.0 – 9th October 2013
OMN 1.7.0 adds full iOS7 look and feel.
Version 1.6.1 – 27th Sept 2013
This release contains a small but very important bug fix to do with Map Download and Route Sync due to Microsoft system changes.
Version 1.6.0 – 8th Sept 2013
- Data Explorer now supports Open/Move/Rename/Delete of files locally.
- Open button in Data Explorer renamed Manage due to new functionality.
- When screen is locked, orientation is now also locked.
- Route Sync now has a progress bar.
- Search now ignores space, so searching for BH16 6FH is the same as searching for BH166FH
- Character set is restricted in iOS rename to make sure file names are compatible with PC and Android via Anquet Cloud Sync.
- GPS could sometimes be stuck in ‘acquiring’ and user could not turn it off. Fixed.
- It was possible to enter an incorrect OS Grid References in Goto Grid Reference. Fixed.
- Generation 1 iPad on some gazetteers was suffering an out of memory bug. Fixed.
- An open file in iOS if deleted on another platform is now closed after a sync locally.
- Waypoints in a folder were not displaying correctly. Fixed.
Version 1.5.0 – 22 July 2013
OMN 1.5.0 added full iPad compatibility.
Version 1.4.1 – 11 July 2013
Version 1.2.0 – 23 April 2013
OMN 1.0.2 focused on new Find Place functionality
- Find Place search results now also list by default Town/County
- Sort, allows you to sort by Name, Position, Distance, Town/County, Feature and Category
- Once sorted, Town/County on the search results is replaced by your sort choice.
- Tap the item to locate it on the map, or tap the blue arrow to see more details about the item
Version 1.1.0 – 12 April 2013
The main addition is that of tracklogs. However, there has been a large and varied set of changes since version 1.0:
- Tracklogs can now be recorded as you travel, and these are easily uploaded to Anquet Cloud for review elsewhere.
- Retina icons have now been implemented.
- New map download code to make it a little quicker and more robust.
- New Find Place download code to speed up download of find place information.
- An option at startup to see if a new installation required download of demo maps or not.
- Various other fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0.0 – 13 March 2013
The initial release of OMN iPhone to iTunes.